The IRS has a Tax Withholding Estimator tool on their website. Use your best estimates for the year ahead to determine how to complete Form W-4 so you don’t have too much or too little federal income tax withheld.
How It Works
Use this tool to:
- Estimate your federal income tax withholding
- See how your refund, take-home pay or tax due are affected by withholding amount
- Choose an estimated withholding amount that works for you
Results are as accurate as the information you enter.
What You Need
Have this ready:
- Paystubs for all jobs (spouse too)
- Other income info (side jobs, self-employment, investments, etc.)
- Most recent tax return
Your information isn’t saved. Learn more about Security.
Need tax help? Contact us today!